All results are available on line now HERE
Timing Queries HERE
Results and presentation announcement
As you are all no doubt aware, the weather made the final stages of
your race experience complicated to manage. Apart from the very heavy
rain and strong winds, there were traffic accidents and city traffic
gridlock in Newcastle. Also power was lost in the final stages of the
morning, which meant we were unable to make any announcements and
prepare our final race results. We therefore cancelled the presentation.
With all this in mind we want to clarify the situation with results and
awards, as well some issues with the final competitors in the marathon.
- As has been the case over our 8 year history, the results were printed in the Newcastle Herald on Tuesday 8 April.
- A presentation collection for locals will be held for overall and age
category place getters (1,2,3) on Thursday 10 April at starting at 6pm and open until 7.30pm at Nobbys Surf Life Saving Club off Wharf Rd . After this medals will
be mailed out.
- Marathon overall winners 1,2,3 will need to contact our office regarding the prize money on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Souvenir photos are available on Marathon photos now http://www.marathon-photos.com/
- Marathon runners who were asked to change course due to the road issues should contact us on email@example.com
- We would appreciate if any competitors who withdrew due to the
weather could return their timing chip to H Events PO Box 2251 Green
Thanks for braving
the weather. We have organised many events, but this was a massive
challenge to manage a complicated event in such conditions. We
appreciate your understanding.
With a goal to become one of Australia's leading regional running events, NewRun is staged in the most iconic venues in Newcastle and offers plenty of opportunity to test your fitness around this beautiful coastal city. The event is proud to partner with local organisations including Surf Life Saving Clubs, and other running, sport and service clubs. Whether you are an elite runner looking for a new PB or just a novice runner looking for a fitness goal, this Festival of Health and Fitness in Newcastle has an event for you. Check out the events on offer and we look forward to you joining us in Newcastle for our Festival of Running.
2014 Main Events
Please note that, due to lack on entries the City Mile Dash planned for Thursday has been cancelled. Entries will be refunded. We hope to try again next year.
Marathon - 42.195km
6.00am Sunday 6 April Marathon Tyres Half Marathon - 21.095km
7.00am Sunday 6 April Fort5 - 5km
7.30am Sunday 6 April Newcastle Herald Hill to Harbour - 10km
8.30am Sunday 6 April Hunter Valley Orthodontics 2K4Kids – 2Km
10.30am Sunday 6 April