NewRun - Newcastle's Festival of Running|
2015 event updates
- Due to Easter falling on the regular event weekend, we have moved the event to Sunday 19 April for 2015
- After taking all feedback into account regarding the complicated nature of the marathon course, traffic issues/costs and congestion with other events we have decided to NOT stage the Newcastle Marathon as part of the NewRun event in 2015. We are currently looking into the feasibility to stage the event as a stand alone marathon event later in the year. This will make it a truly unique event that celebrates the MARATHON distance and those who achieve it. More updates in coming months.
- Why no marathon in April - After modelling many versions of last years and 5-6 other marathon courses, and also various start times for the 1/2 marathon and 10km, we have been unsuccessful in finding a suitable marathon course that will not have similar competitor conflict and confusion around the Foreshore and iconic break-wall.
- The 1/2 marathon, 10km Hill to Harbour and Fort5 events will proceed as normal.
- We will announce any ancillary events as news comes to hand.
With a goal to become one of Australia's leading regional running events, NewRun is staged in the most iconic venues in Newcastle and offers plenty of opportunity to test your fitness around this beautiful coastal city. The event is proud to partner with local organisations including Surf Life Saving Clubs, and other running, sport and service clubs. Whether you are an elite runner looking for a new PB or just a novice runner looking for a fitness goal, this Festival of Health and Fitness in Newcastle has an event for you. Check out the events on offer and we look forward to you joining us in Newcastle for our Festival of Running.
2015 Main Events
Marathon Tyres Half Marathon - 21.095km
7.00am Sunday 19 April Fort5 - 5km
7.30am Sunday 19 April Newcastle Herald Hill to Harbour - 10km
8.30am Sunday 19 April Hunter Valley Orthodontics 2K4Kids – 2Km
10.30am Sunday 19 April
Mile High - 1609m
3.00pm Saturday 18 April - Bar Beach
Organised by Hunter locals
Hill 2 Harbour Sponsors
1/2 Marathon Sponsor